Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Maya on July 15, 2001 at 11:39:15:

In Reply to: Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted by Elizabeth on July 15, 2001 at 03:17:05:

It's strange how some people come to this message
board with only one purpose- to insult.
:

: One last thing Elizabeth, where did you live in Kuwait? Most of the Gulf States allow foreigners only to live in special compounds when working/living there. So did you really get to know the society there or were you still looking at it from the outside even though you were in the country?

: No, I was looking at it from inside. I'm very well acquainted with, let's say, the Middle-Eastern mentality...the Islamic way of looking at things etc. Most of my friends were Muslims and I can read both Greek and Arabic. MANY, if not most, of Greece's social customs...especially the dynamic between men and women is very Middle-Eastern. It may not be exactly like a gulf state, but it's certainly not European. If you want to blame that one the "evil" Turks...go ahead. But the fact is...it's about 100 years behind Western Europe. One doesn't need to look toward Turkey to find examples of extremely backward thinking. (AND, like the Greeks, not all Turks are "barbaric" as you say) You can probably look to your own block and find the same thing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]