Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nikos on July 16, 2001 at 13:38:34:

In Reply to: Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted by Victor on July 16, 2001 at 11:19:03:

Victor,

I am shocked at this kind of behavior. This couldn't possibly be European behavior. I am truly disappointed that Greece is moving in this direction. OOPS, this article isn't about backward Greece, this is about Turkey!!!!!!!! I knew I had made an error, because I know that Greece was the first country in the world to allow women to be elected and hold office in the grand old year of 1952. I guess we are backward because women gained some extra rights that women in Western Europe must have not wanted.

: Another one from Turkey!!! Barbarians!!!
: ANKARA, July 16 - Turkey has adopted a new code of conduct disciplinary code for women studying for professions in the health
: sector, requiring them to be virgins, press reports said Monday. New directives issued by the health ministry provide for virginity tests if a female student is suspected of "having had
: sexual relations " Hurriyet daily reported.
: Students found not to be virgins would be expelled, the paper said. No appeal against the decision would be allowed, Radikal daily
: said.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]