Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Elizabeth on July 17, 2001 at 02:39:03:

In Reply to: Re: Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted by Victor on July 16, 2001 at 17:33:48:

>And yes Greeks are better than Turks and a lot >more special than Turks you like it or not. A >Greek is worth more than a Turk,or an Albanian,

That pretty much speaks for itself doesn't it. And to think...you're actually proud to say that!

>We have a right not to want people from >different cultures to invade our country and to >live by refusing to become Greek or share the >Greek values and culture

Oh...I see. It's OK for Greeks to move to the US, Canada etc..and to continue to speak Greek, attend Greek churches, only marry other Greeks etc..but when others do the same thing...this is bad, bad, bad :)

>As a woman, I can't believe this doesn't even >bother you.

Turkey is a poor, and in many ways...a very backward country. It should be viewed in that context. This does not mean that all Turks are barbarians, dirty, smelly etc...as some have suggested. You now..there was a time when Greece was just a smelly, dirty country full to the brim with illiterate peasants. Even now..in some of the rural areas and on some islands...it's still smelly and dirty...and I've met several illiterates.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]