Re: Orthodoxy vs. Ancient Hellenic Religion?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by GS on July 18, 2001 at 02:59:07:

In Reply to: Re: Orthodoxy vs. Ancient Hellenic Religion? posted by Achilles on July 17, 2001 at 17:43:13:

I think Achileas you got the wrong impression about the way anti-simitism was mentioned.
Of course Christians are NOT anti-simitic as a genneral principle. Now if some individual people that are Christians are anti-simitic that's down to them and it's their choice(a stupid one if you ask me), but in no way the Christian religion is anti-simitic.
On the other hand Achilleas, by saying:
"Think about it…Jesus Christ is referred to as the king of the Jews not the king of the Greeks. The foreign traditions which have been mostly forced upon the modern Greeks are Judaic based. The prophets are Jews, the bible is Jewish, the Old and New Testament is Jewish."

You 're basically stating that the Greeks should not be Christians because Christ was of Jewish origin. That is wrong and could be taken down as an antisimitic comment. What if Christ was black or Chinese or whatever, this should not bias our opinion at all. Christians do not worship Christ himself as a person, they follow christianity as a theory and practice and the corresponding values and way of life. I'm not a religious freak or whatever, but lets put some things straight here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]