Re: Greeks in Melbourne + Progress-phobia

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Jeanne on June 27, 2001 at 07:24:55:

In Reply to: Greeks in Melbourne + Progress-phobia posted by Leah on June 27, 2001 at 01:56:59:

Funny you should say that! I'm 1/2 Irish & 1/2 Hungarian Gypsy. I'm married to a Greek. I've told him when (if) we have children I want him to ONLY speak Greek, as I'll speak Hungarian & English (my first language, I'm 2nd generation on both sides).

He didn't understand what I meant. Even though he was BORN in Athens he's been here since he was 18 months! He's American, who just happens to be Greek. His parents come over and they speak Greek and it takes a couple of hours before he's able to "click" back to full Greek.

It's such a loss. I don't want OUR children to forget where they came from. I think it's up to the parents not society to train up children.

Isn't there a Bible verse, to paraphrase train up a child in God's path and he will never stray? Or something like that?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]