Re: Greek/American Weddings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Antigone on November 06, 2001 at 16:41:52:

In Reply to: Greek/American Weddings posted by Angela on November 06, 2001 at 11:48:31:

: I am getting married in August, 2002 to a catholic guy and we are having a greek wedding at my church. I love the greek religion and he is very open to everything as far as greek traditions go. Unfortunately, I do not attend church as often as I should, and I only know a few words in greek. my question to anyone out there is this: As far as the ceremony goes, what are the restrictions with my veil. I would like to wear a blusher, but I heard that you aren't allowed. Also, I have heard that the wedding party can not be on both sides of the alter. Also, are there any vows during the ceremony or do my fiance and I not say anything and can we add our own vows. Any other restrictions you can think of or web site, or books to help me with this stuff, I would be very appreciative. As you can tell, I have not been to many greek weddings or studied my religion like I should! Thanks a million!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]