Re: greek guys

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by maria on June 29, 2001 at 12:27:44:

In Reply to: Re: greek guys posted by GS on June 29, 2001 at 02:46:59:

That is what I am arguing with. I know that during my youth most of my friends and I were constantly required to hear on how to not let some guy convince us that it would be okay to have sex with them. Because that was highly advocated by most adults around us it kept us from thinking otherwise. I know for certain that if instead I heard “Don’t have sex, but if you do protect yourself.” my attitude and beliefs would be considerably different. Statements like that are contradictory. Why can’t we as adults use our life experience and maturity say what we believe deep down to be the right thing. I find it somewhat cowardly to simply say “Most teens do have sex so it is better to give advice to protect themselves”. By giving such statements and advice we are implying that we think it is okay. I know that is how I would take it during my teen years. I for one am eternally grateful to my parents and my surroundings that have taught me to respect myself, my body and my soul.

To simplify my point of view; I wish we as adults would really consider the consequences of our advice. Be truthful to ourselves and have our OWN opinions, and not dictate what we have been taught to be politically correct for our times.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]