Greeks on non-Greeks and non-Europeans

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by KC16 on May 04, 2001 at 02:09:43:

I'm not really talking about Greek Americans or etc(being raised abroad , I suppose they are more open
to different cultures and races and taught to respect others regardless of their ethnicity or nationality, although
I guess the more 'traditional' ones may tend to be quite prejudiced ) .
. but The Greeks of Greece seem to be more of 'racist'. I've come across many of these people.
I am interested in Greek culture and the theory that the modern Greeks are actually a melting pot
of different ethnicities draws me to it all the more as I myself am not a 100% Greek. The ancient
Greeks, I believe, aren't the same as today's Greeks. They were like the Phoenticians or Babylonians or Ancient Egptians.
Or ancient Jews. The Ancient Jewish race founded the Jewish religion, but most modern Jews aren't of the Jewish race,
they are of European descent and not Middle Eastern. The Ancient Egyptians who constructed the pyramids are not the same
as the modern Egyptians (who are Arabs, as a result of mixing around with other ethnicities, as in the ancient world
there was no such thing as an Arab). It sounds highly unlikely that today's Greeks are still the same as the ancient Greeks.
It is impossible that any ethnicity can remain 'pure' over hundreds of years of mixing with other ethnicities around
them (Romans, Ancient Egyptians, Turks, Arabs, Anglo Saxons, Africans and blah blah blah). The thing is....why the Hell do Greeks see
this as a BAD THING?!!!
Is it because they find the idea of having non-European blood running in their veins disgusting or do they feel it makes them
seem inferior to the Nordic ethnicities??
If this is true then,it looks like the world is still stuck in ancient times.

PS. Prejudice is only for the uneducated. I have an open mind. I do not discriminate. If u choose to discrimate
then at least do it with an 'open mind'. I love the Greek culture, I've been to Greece, am 1/4 Greek and
the closest person to me is a Greek. So there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]