Re: Greek (ie. Eastern) Orthodoxy = Christianity

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mihalis on November 20, 2000 at 08:54:59:

In Reply to: Greek (ie. Eastern) Orthodoxy = Christianity posted by Basil on November 18, 2000 at 21:23:45:

And fine sir...the many Sundays that I spent in church and in "religion classes" trying to learn something? Did the church not have a responsibility to teach me about where it stands on issues and why we believe what we do? I suppose that every child is supposed to have that inherently coded into their genetic sequence? Most people who grew up in North America ARE ignorant with regard to the church....myself included. The church itself admits this. The things I understand about the orthodox religion come from what I can find to read out of my own will and general christian faith. The Greek church is rigid and determined not to accept any facet of the other christian churches. Believing that your religion is the "correct" one is one thing...but being unable to see the merits of other christian religions is another.

So, you see fine sir, I am indeed the moron and you are clairvoyant. Perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us on the Greek church and why my wife, a devout and practicing Christian for 36 years of life must be treated like an outcast in my church? Why she cannot commune with her husband and children who are baptized orthodox?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]