Greek (ie. Eastern) Orthodoxy = Christianity

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Basil on November 18, 2000 at 21:23:45:

In Reply to: Re: Difference between Greek Orth. and Christianity??? posted by Mihalis on November 17, 2000 at 10:33:59:

Dear Jennifer:

The real ignorance about the Greek Orthodox faith is actually displayed by both Mihalis and Gary. It is easy to cast all the blame for many of the G.O. flock's ignorance on the church. Having travelled extensively across America and Canada in the past, I can attest to the fact that those not inclined to follow the church's teachings (yes, the original (biblical and eastern-Mediterranean) ones that actually resulted in the spreading of Christianity to all the other parts of the world) often refer to the observent ones as ignorant, close-minded, chauvenistic etc. In reality, it is a pity that both of these fine Hellenes don't seak out pastors who can help them better explore the church from which all others sprang.
As for your question, it is somewhat unfair to ask what is the difference between the G.O. church and Christianity when it was the G.O. church which, in fact, preceeded and took action to assemble all the books of the New Testament in the 320's A.D. Yes, the very church which recently has welcomed hundred of thousands of non-Greek converts into its fold (not through inter-marriage but as the result of searching by those in need of the truth).

God Bless you and your fiancee' on your quest. By the way, I am not a member of the clergy. Rather, I'm an ordinary individual who feels honoured to have learned about this special heritage which demands so much of its members. Perhaps some day you, your fiancee, your family and others may feel the same way I do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]