Re: greek man, american woman

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Blonda on July 20, 2000 at 05:22:01:

In Reply to: greek man, american woman posted by karina on July 18, 2000 at 22:54:57:

Maybe this will help a bit with the frustration.
I am also American engaged to a Greek man,living in Greece...soon to move to the US. We have been together two years. His parents, they know about me because of mail I have sent him..and questioned him in regard to visits to the states..."Where will you be..with who??" etc.
He has not only explained to me, the culture thing..and dating secrecy, and the family ties, bond, and EVEN though he does NOT live at home, ALSO the parental stronghold and their attempt to control every area of your life...no matter the age..(he is 30). He has NOT told his parents yet..that he will be moving to the states in seven weeks to marry me, and LIVE here...Avoiding it until the last moment...to keep from the STORM that will occur after the announcement.
Yes...in the beginning....All of this bothered me terribly..I too felt as if he was hiding me..I began to feel better after I met his sister..and now it does not bother me at all...His sister's advice to him is to....Tell them the day he leaves...or call after he gets here..=) He already HAS their inital reaction to me..."If you marry this woman..you are no longer our son."...That's enough for me,,,,to pray their influence is as condenced as possible..
Good Luck...Hope everything works out...and think of it this way..if you ever ARE to marry this man...this of what a WONDERFUL family man he will be..!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]