Re: evidence per Coon that physical similarity doesn't mean continuity as such in same people

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by kosta on May 28, 2002 at 15:13:03:

In Reply to: Re: evidence per Coon that physical similarity doesn't mean continuity as such in same people posted by gertrude on May 28, 2002 at 04:51:42:

: Eastern link accepted by Europeans:
: 1."DNA Links Europeans to Middle Eastern Farmers, Eurasian Nomads" By Kurt Holden

: Showing Cretans are more Eastern that Greeks and Greek-Cypriots:
: 2."HLA in Arabic-speaking Morocans" byE.Gomez-Casado et al
: 3."Minoicos, Cretense Y Vascos:un estudio genetico" Arnaiz-Villena et al

: Showing that the Greeks are less-indoeuropean than anyone else in europe:
: 4.http://www.lexiline.com/lexiline/lexi76.htm

I've read many of these studies already. All have to do with alleles associated with the Neolithic expansion of farmers. They do not mean "modern Middle-Eastern people." Even the Welsh show high frequencies of a lot of these alleles. Would you dare call a Welshman a "Middle-Easterner"? You're grasping at straws and looking for any possible way out of your predicament. You're in denial.

: Probably only dark people like yourself though. Where i come in nicosia from it's almost an oasis of fair/fair haired/light eyed people. definitely very european. definitely not modern greek if you exlude maniates, sfakiotes and northern greeks.

Actually, I'm not dark at all. By your choice of words and other posts, what I said earlier about you is being confirmed over and over. "Oasis" LOL. You think turning your Cypriot countrymen into Turkish half-breeds and inventing a seperate ancestry for yourself will miraculously help you become "European." And, of course, your little scheme will only make sense if you bring Greeks into the same lot.

I've got news for you: you're not European, and you will never be such. Think about that the next time you have to check the "Non-White/Other" box on forms, or when you see a Cypriot getting mistaken for an Arab.

Your "oasis" means nothing, and you can't run away from your own people or the fact that you have a little Middle-Eastern ancestry. And you can't solve your problems by projecting them onto Greeks. Grow up and take responsibility for who you are!

You know that I'm right, otherwise you'd just ignore my posts and get on with your life.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]