Re: evidence per Coon that physical similarity doesn't mean continuity as such in same people

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by MANIATES on May 28, 2002 at 09:32:54:

In Reply to: Re: evidence per Coon that physical similarity doesn't mean continuity as such in same people posted by kosta on May 28, 2002 at 01:08:25:

Exactly-

Running away from your problems by calling yourself "Gertrude" and projecting your possible Middle-Eastern ancestry onto others won't solve anything my dear.

Hey Gertrude-I am 6,1 260 lbs with reddish brown hair and green eyes.Does that sound middle eastern to you? Getrude your links are missinterpited.First of all HLA genes is not a sign of race.DNAmt.All Europeans have neolithic genes from the spread of neolithic farmers.You have an agenda ITS OBVIOUS.

: : and the reason why noone ever claims the ancient greek people has survived!

: Most educated non-Greeks that I know take it for granted that the Greeks are still "Greek." And we're talking about people who graduated from or attend places like Stanford, UCLA, and UC Berkeley.

: Most of my professors, when mentioning Greeks, have had only positive things to say (and most don't know that I'm Greek, so it can't be out of politeness).

: : oh and for a study just basically read any study by a NON-GREEK made on modern europeans as a whole and look at exactly where the greeks are placed on the european 'family tree'. not very far from arabs eh? not eastern my foot!

: Every fact or study I alluded to in my writings was lifted from non-Greek sources. With the exception of Aris Poulianos (whose works I havn't even read yet), I know of no Greeks working in our field of discussion.

: And why do you keep referring to this Arab/Middle-Eastern connection? Greeks don't really cluster closely with anyone, except maybe Albanians.

:
: : i'm resting with this once again as it's getting very boring arguing with people with a cause:

: I think it's you who has a cause. The more you write, the more indication I'm getting of where you're coming from. It's pretty much what I said before: you're ashamed of your own people; you don't like the fact that many Cypriots look "Middle-Eastern;" and you're trying to drag the Greeks down to make yourself feel better.

: Running away from your problems by calling yourself "Gertrude" and projecting your possible Middle-Eastern ancestry onto others won't solve anything my dear.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]