Re: what about the influence of the franks/venetians on the islands?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by kosta on May 27, 2002 at 01:25:04:

In Reply to: Re: what about the influence of the franks/venetians on the islands? posted by gertrude on May 26, 2002 at 03:50:11:

: available evidence?
: LOL

: you're living in denial

Denial of what? I'm in the main, regurgitating the anthropological works of others; I really have added little of my own design. My sources are mainly The Races of Europe, by Carelton Coon; elementary books on Greek history; and reliable information gleaned from discussion groups. Of course, I like to think my own insights valuable, but again, I've displayed very few of them in my writings. Suffice it to say that I know who I am and know it *very* well, thank you very much.

I would think it you that has a problem with denial, or something in the same vein: I'm sitting here typing a response to a person who thinks she's a Frankish descendant stranded on Cyprus and that her own countrymen are merely Turkish mutts. I don't know about you, but I can clearly see the undertones:

1) You are a person of very weak character.
2) You wish with all your heart you were "European."
3) You try to make youself feel better by debasing your own countrymen and claiming this special ancestry. In this way you can distance youself from them and miraculously transform yourself into the pink-skinned German girl "trapped" inside you.

To sum up, you're a sellout who's denying not only her own people and heritage, but is denying her very self. Pathetic.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]