patriwths -Excellent points!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Maniates on May 24, 2002 at 14:54:56:

In Reply to: Re: Dorians posted by patriwths on May 24, 2002 at 14:18:00:

Yes we know our origins.Sadly many Greeks do NOT!!!!

ok, so you, me, and maniatis are all on the same page, we are just using different words

Now we can add the Afrocentrist to the list with their absurd claims centered around MAVRI ATHENA

various agendas of northern european origin in the 19th and 20th centuries to either denigrate modern greeks or to piggyback on the glories of our own past by claiming a relation

Yes you speak the truth though I am not so sure they were akin to the Celts

Anyways, back to Dorians, yes, if the dinaric-alpine people are akin with the celts, then yeah we're all talking about the same thing: the Ellhnes were of that branch of 'dinaric alpine' people who came to the aegean around 2200 BC, the Pelasgian/minoans were the mediterranean type, and the dorians were a different or cousin tribe of the same basic stock as the

What is even more sickming is that Greeks allow these bullshit claims to go unchecked.

: In any case, i am sickened by all the bizarre politically motivated claims of this that and the other about the origins of the greeks, when the facts are clear in front of us (even if we have a few rounds at it before we settle that were tlkaing baout the same thing after all :-)

Yes -You hit the nail on the head.

then yeah we're all talking about the same thing: the Ellhnes were of that branch of 'dinaric alpine' people who came to the aegean around 2200 BC, the Pelasgian/minoans were the mediterranean type, and the dorians were a different or cousin tribe of the same basic stock as the

Yes the Greeks as a general rule are Alpine-Dinaric in skelital structure -NOT MEDITERANEAN -yet some med strains olive skin appear consistently due to some mixing with Pelegesians
and micro evolution since Greece is among the hottest climate in Europe.

I think in large part their bone structure was dominated out by the physiology of the Ellhnes and later the dorians, though the fact that most greeks have the olive toned skin is a pelasgian feature.

: came

This means your natural skin color is pinkish white but you tan easily.

. Even in Epiros where I am from, we do not have pale skin but
: have some (lighter) variation of the olive skin. (though because i work indoors under fluorescent light with no window, i am probably pretty pale/pink :-)

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT.UNFORTATELY
MANY GREEKS DO NOT KNOW THEIR ORIGINS AND THUS BELEIVE LIES BY OTHER POLITICALLY MOTIVATED GROUPS WHO WISH TO STEAL OUR HISTORY AND IDENTITY!!SAD PART IS AS YOU MENTIONED BEFORE WE HAVE THE FACTS IN FRONT OF US TO PROVE THESE PEOPLE AS PATHOLOGICAL LIERS!!

: suffice to say, the greek race is alive today and just about unchanged from the ancient times, and hasnt changed really since the late bronze age, and even that was a minor change, the dorians, and the real change hasnt been since the early bronze age.

: patriwths

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]