Re: Greeks and Persians

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Christina on May 13, 2002 at 23:43:34:

In Reply to: Greeks and Persians posted by Ellie on May 13, 2002 at 20:21:51:

I have seen many Greeks date and marry non-Greeks from all kinds of ethnic origins and the root of their success is this: both the man and woman are open to learning about each other's cultures and make sure to educate their children about both
sides as well. Often times, Greek parents are wary of their kids marrying non-Greeks for the sole reason that they worry that the customs and the culture in general will not be passed on to future generations. So, as long as you show his parents that you are willing to learn about the Greek culture (and he does the same for you, of course), then you will have a very rich life together.

As far as religion goes, the fact that you are Christian should make things much easier for you to blend in to the culture. You should talk with an Orthodox priest about specifics though, if you are planning on marrying in the Orthodox church. Good luck! :)

: I understand that it is important for Greeks to marry Greeks. I am currently dating a Greek guy and wanted to know if it would be a problem with his family that I am Persian. I am Christian so hopefully religion would not be an issue, but would culture be one?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]