Re: Classical Greece and the Truth about the Modern!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by patriwths on May 09, 2002 at 09:27:11:

In Reply to: Re: Classical Greece and the Truth about the Modern!! posted by Victor on May 09, 2002 at 08:44:45:

: all this shows how Greece was odiously invaded, betrayed, and abused by foreign nations!!!!!!!! The Orthodox Church took part in that abuse and betrayal, and should be reformed today, to be made purely Greek. The patriarch should be moved from Istanbul to Athens. Our Church should be Greek only and shouldn't have any relationships with the slavic churches of the retarded Eastern European countries. Ancient Greek religion , values, and teachings should also be introduced in our country, and made as, if not, more important than the semitic values taught by the church who odiously betrayed us in the past.
: Eleni you underestimate Greek people's rage. If Turkey repeats its aggression, believe me that we will fight till our last drop of blood. Believe me that everyday I wish this could happen so I could avenge my ancestors and my nation, and show the Turk and the Muslim he shouldn't step on our land.

Greece was betrayed more by the west than the east. Orthodoxy is a two-edged sword.
On the one hand it was one of the primary ingredients in the last great flowering of greek civilization
so far, that of Byzantium, but on the other hand, it has tied our hands and in many ways made us subservient to this
by jewish influence that cannot be escaped with christianity, being that it has its premise in the mythology of the jews. We
must advance into the next stage of greek civilization, return to our own ways, a lot. Now, much of the deep theology of
Orthodoxy was invented by _Greeks_ and not by foriegners. These ideas can continue existing, being that they were the product of
centuries of refinement and debate and development, if you want to know where the efforts of the philosophical nature of the greek people
went during thos centuries, it went into creating the theology of Orthodoxy, but those ideas can
continue existing even with the removal of much of the jewish basis. This would free us from this mental
attachemnt to them. The Jews would have disappeared if it wasnt for christianity spreading through
the world, and with it the memory and inseperable existence of jewish mythologies. Otherwise they were a very insignificant people,
a backwards little country which didnt concern most people, aside from local
conflicts and issues.
To get back on track, we should not reject Orthodoxy wholesale, but maybe the time is coming to finally make some
changes in it, to free the mental depedency on the jews that is dogmatically bound in with the rest of that package.
Also, the suggestion of moving the Patriarch from Kwnstantinoupolh to athina or anywhre else is not a good one. That is OUR city.
we built it. Twice! instead of moving the last greek thing out of that city, we should be preparing every minute of our lives for the
chance that we might be able to fight to take that city back!
The firghteningly powerful modern industrial world, as powerful as it is, and as powerful as it will yet become, will not last forever.
It is spinning out of control and flying ever closer to the edge of destruction. Already many things which were thought to be so powerful
as to never fail are dying. Theyre burning out too quickly and can't sustain themselves. Give it another 50 years, just watch, and youll see
the miserable disaster theyre heading towards. We must separate ourselves from this disaster and sharpen our swords, clean our guns, and stop sitting
idle like fools , chasing after the coat-tails of the west, of the jews, of anybody who dangles a little dainty in front of our nose, slavering over
them like fawning dogs, instead we must stand up like men, put the toys away, stop wasting all our effort and soul on acquiring the poisonous
consumer society drugs of the 'modern' world, and keep ourselves alert, ready, and strong, and when the time comes, we must strike
out again, to restore some semblance of the greatness of greek
civilization. We must be the _next_ age, we cannot win in this age of the world. We are selling the very soul
of hellenism for a few trinkets, we must STOP this!

We must look to the first great flowering of the Greek civilization for our example: the civilization in the
bronze age, when the main mix of the greek race had
already taken place, the mixing of the Ellhnes with the pelasgian peoples who were the first inhabitants of
the greek lands and the islands, and the civilization they had. They got it right. Since then, we have never yet
succeeded in getting it quite right again.

Now, as for fighting the turks, I'm with you. I dont see them as our primary enemy, but they are still a mortal enemy.
I live in america, but if they ever attack us, i'm on the first plane back to fight, and im bringing every bit of money, ammunition,
knives, sticks, rocks, anything i can get my hands on, to fight them.

Pas mh Ellhn, Varvaros.

(by the way, i am not atheist, not pagan, i am orthodox and will remain so, certainlyt the traditions of the church and of
our people have gone hand in hand, and the traditions should endure, even if the dogma of the church is rewritten to remove the
influence of the barbarians from us)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]