ALSO GRREK ARE EUROPEANS!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mehmet on April 25, 2002 at 08:20:34:

In Reply to: Re: Scandanavian guy dating greek girl posted by Nikolas on April 23, 2002 at 03:49:47:

: I believe that Greeks are very suspicious of Europeans dating or visiting our Islands and the mainland of CYPRUS and GREECE, especially after the harsh treatment we recieved in favour of the Turks. Any comments.

: : Alright. I'm a pure scandanavian, and have gotten involved with a pure greek girl, who is very involved with the greek culture. She goes to church pretty much every other day it seems. Has a house in which her family lives in Cyprus for a month or so each summer. Goes to greek dancing classes. Speaks the language fluently. And so on :). And it really intimidates me about how she is so involved with her culture. Not in a bad way, its just after reading up on a lot of things and watching this board i understand that non-greeks dating greeks is fairly frowned upon. Her parents seem to be okay with it...*her mother atleast not sure about the father* but shes not even allowed to tell her grandparents and has only told a couple of her greek friends. I understand that family is very important in a Greek's life, though am afraid that because of it something good might be messed up*no disrespect intended*. I dunno, but anyone have any suggestions or maybe some experiences I could go on?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]