Re: Scandanavian guy dating greek girl

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Evanthia on April 22, 2002 at 22:48:17:

In Reply to: Scandanavian guy dating greek girl posted by Anonymous on April 22, 2002 at 17:21:25:

I don't think it's the fact that you're Scandinavian that you may be feeling some reserve (especially from your girlfriend's father), but the plain old fact that you're her boyfriend, or rather, that she has a boyfriend. Most Greeks I know don't mind what nationality their children date, as long as they are dating with the serious purpose of finding a life-long partner and not just fooling around. I guess that's what the reserve may be, perhaps they aren't sure of your intentions. I know this sounds dreadfully old-fashioned, but your girlfriend's parents know exactly how involved their daughter is with her culture and maybe they're unsure of whether you could live with that - for a lifetime! In anycase, your girlfriend's father sounds like most fathers everywhere in the world - suspicious of their daughter's boyfriends irrespective of culture! Just enjoy the experience of having a first-class invitation to join in your girlfriend's culture. Perhaps you can include your girlfriend and her family in some of yours too, the Scandinavian culture being rich with history too. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]