Re: Well said...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Panos on April 19, 2002 at 04:34:57:

In Reply to: Re: Well said... posted by Emmanuel on April 18, 2002 at 21:44:28:

Well said!

But it does not cover the points I am refering to.

Ancient Greece's main achievement was to unleash minds. The free thinking had his first appearance in this time. The first philosophers were curious enough to ask why everything is like it is. They were the first to not explain everything with an omnipotent God!

This leaded to the development of new sciences with humans in the center! Not God was in the center but humans.

GREEKS WERE THE FIRST IN DOING THIS.

All this makes me proud and is a heavy weight nothing more and nothing else. What makes me sad is how people in greece behave: They think that that per definition we are the blessed nation because of our past,-- without even knowing our achievemnts. They are ignorant.

Coming back tothe ancient greek achievements. Platon, Sokrates etc. where the first in not putting God in the middle for the orthodox church they are pagans! And they are accepting only a part of what they are saying, and of course first comes the bible and second the philosophers.

I bet that if Platon would have lived today he wouldn't live in Greece. Because you can't develope your spirit if the environment is not open enough.
Greece is definetly no open society as it was at that time!
And from my point of view Greek Churchis doing a lot for this.
As also Ibrahim pointed out, they didin't have the time to react and develope! Thea are stil medieval!

Panos

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]