Re: Evanthia...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Evanthia on April 09, 2002 at 16:51:54:

In Reply to: Evanthia... posted by someone on April 09, 2002 at 02:27:50:

I think the real question is: how much affiliation or loyalty do you feel to that country? (Greece). Why do you want to visit it? If you're just going as a tourist then your visit can be postponed until you're old enough not to serve. If you feel a certain loyalty to the place, then either accept the responsibility that comes with that, ie, you will always be deemed a Greek citizen by the Greek state and hence have certain obligations to fulfil. Tell me Someone, if there was national service in the country in which you currently call home, wouldn't you do it as a matter of fulfilling your obligations? I think you probably would. Well for Greece, in which your citizenship will always remain (assuming that your parent's are Greek-born), there are obligations too. In any case, if you only want to tour around Greece and feel nothing for the place in particular, why go in the first place? If you say it's to meet relatives, then why not invite them to your home if you so fear the obligation that comes with privelige?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]