Re: Nordic features

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Christina on March 25, 2002 at 14:09:56:

In Reply to: Nordic features posted by let me add that on March 25, 2002 at 12:33:49:

That's true... in fact, there is evidence that the ancient Greeks were blonde and blue-eyed. However, I think that their now-darker features have a lot to do with when the Greek empire spread to northern africa, Turkey, etc... During that time, there were much cross-over between cultures and so the darker features became part of the Greeks' genetic make-up. I've also heard that for a time, most of the northern Greeks were lighter-colored, while the southern (and island) Greeks were darker because of their relations with southern and eastern cultures. Now in modern times, Greeks can more easily travel to all parts of Greece and I would say that the blonde and blue-eyed Greeks are evenly dispersed around the country.

And as for the person that posted "Extreme Ignorance at Work," I would like to say that just because we are talking about differences in appearance between people of different cultures, that doesn't make us racist. Of course not everyone in Greece looks the same, but similarities between people of the same country are a fact, and it certainly not shameful or pitiful to be aware about these thing and discuss them.

: a lot of Greeks have blue eyes and blond hair (maybe 30%). Greeks used to be of the nordic type, but skin and hair color got slightly darker throughout their evolution. Greek still have a lot of nordic features though.

: : Your post is extremely hard to respond to as you show so much ignorance. You are obviously not a person of sensitivity nor of enough sense to go get an education. I pity your ignorance and plead that you keep it to yourself. Shame on you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]