Re: baby boy name

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Susan on February 17, 2002 at 17:31:51:

In Reply to: Re: baby boy name posted by Curious on February 17, 2002 at 16:33:44:

Hi there Curious

I truely beleive that people should live for what they believe in. Not the traditions that have been around for many many years. But I do also respect and understand that these traditions are what people beleive in. I must say that there are some traditions that I do follow and others that I don't. Most of the ones spoken about on these lists seems to be the ones holding the most controversy.

I think it is up to the person to choose what they beleive in. I guess in my experience and I do agree with you that maybe that is it looks like I don't like tradition - is that I was involved with someone whose family was very superstitious and followed alot of traditions that went against or they thought were more important than what our religion says. I guess this has made me a little weary. And yes, I know there is a difference between tradition and superstition. When any of these are beleived to be more true than our religion is when it makes me upset. And I guess that has been my experience. And I do agree that it may be and opinion formed based on my experience with just one family and it may not actually be the norm. I just didn't like the problems being caused by people trying to make you do something you didn't want to becuase of a "tradition".

I turn to my religion for guidance, not tradition. But that is my choice.

Kind regards
Susan :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]