Re: His mother didnīt accept me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Kathy Petsinis on February 13, 2002 at 22:05:49:

In Reply to: His mother didnīt accept me posted by Souideza on February 13, 2002 at 08:07:28:

I would say good riddance. Who would want to be with a man who allows his mother to dictate who he dates? If the mother has known you for three years, she should feel comfortable about you and show nothing but respect. Obviously her son has been with you for three years. She should be able to see what makes him happy. Some greek parents are like that though. My friend dated an Irish girl for seven years and the mother still would not accept the relationship. So basically, a wonderful relationship ended because my friend allowed his mother to dictate his decisions.My parents insist that I end up with a greek man. However, I have taken it upon MYSELF to make decisions best for me. It is definetly a sticky situation for everyone though.
I wish you the best of luck and can only hope that he realizes he should be with you regardless of his family's approval or not. That is the true test...

: I had a relashionship with a greek man for 3 years.
: His mother couldnīt accept me because Iīm divorsed with a child. We really loved each other and still do but he left me because of his moter!!!
: Is it SO important for a greek man that his mother accepts you???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]