Re: What are the main characteristics of greek men (difference from American?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by ekaterina on February 09, 2002 at 14:46:28:

In Reply to: What are the main characteristics of greek men (difference from American?) posted by Maxim on January 27, 2002 at 04:01:27:

: What are the characteriscics of greek men, any difference from american men? Every nation has some peculiarities, what are greek?

I don't want to stereotype either but each culture has it's quirks. I am not speaking on behalf of all greek men so bear with me(and I am apologizing in advance for offending anyone). My experience with greek men has not been the best.I find them to be possesive and quite sheltered (at least the ones I have met). Maybe it was just the community I was raised in but I do not respect a 30 year old man living at home so mommy can do his laundry and cook for him. For some bizarre reason, I found that many greek people found nothing wrong with this. As far as being sheltered, many greek men I have met ONLY listened to greek music and associate themselves with greek people. I love my culture, our passion, etc. and one day I would love to meet a greek guy that appreciates his culture but understand that he lives in America. As far as the womanizing issue, I believe this is occurs in other cultures and unfortunately a part of society today.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]