Re: A test to see if you are Greek.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by TS on January 31, 2002 at 16:44:19:

In Reply to: A test to see if you are Greek. posted by Antonis on January 31, 2002 at 16:23:08:

: I would be extremely interested in reading the opinions of 'Greek Muslims' to the following news article in today's newspaper.

: 'As Cypriot President Glafcos Clerides and Turkish-Cypriot leader Rauf Denktash held their fifth face-to-face meeting in two weeks to discuss the island's reunification, a top Turkish general said Turkey's army supports the talks but (the capitals are mine for emphasis) but (the Turkish army) WILL STILL TAKE ACTION IF THE OUTCOME DOES NOT SATISFY ANKARA.'

: The general is the Turkish Land Forces Commander General Hilmi Ozkok and one of the conditions that would trigger Turkish military invasion of Cyprus would be if Cyprus were to enter the EU before reunification. The funny thing is until the north of the island cleans up it's act both politically and democratically, the north will not be accepted into the EU because it must comply with EU human rights standards first.

: So please let me know 'Greek muslim' brothers and sisters, where exactly to you stand on the latest Turkish military threats to peace in the Aegean? Now we will know if you are really Greeks or not.

Listen Antoni,
I dont feel that i have to try to prove to you whether i am greek or not.
However i dont know enough about this specific
argument to reply.Maybe you can explain it a little bit.
I will say this though.As muslims we are not allowed to be aggresive unless we are trying to take back what is ours.im sure youre having a big laugh right now but its not the fault of islam when people try to misinterpret scriptures and try to use them for their own power hungry appetites.If we all lived according to Islam we wouldnt have any borders or need passports.
We are not allowed to have a nationalistic attitude.by the way i wouldnt take the side of turkey just because their majority population is muslim.the government is just as corrupt as anyone elses.they do not represent any islamic values as far as im concerned.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Old Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]