Greek man--American woman-

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Kari (American girl in love with a Greek man) on December 10, 2001 at 20:45:38:

In Reply to: Greek Man - American Woman. Will it work out? posted by Concerned on December 06, 2001 at 12:42:05:

: Hi,
First off, of course it can work out if you want it to.
Your message was almost scary to read because it sounds like I wrote it. I am in your exact situation right now and it's comforting to hear someone going through the same thing. My boyfriend of 2 years is from Greece and here for college. We are so in love and I have often felt scared to continue the relationship because I know he will be leaving back to Greece this May when he graduates. He has told me that very same thing "it would be easier if I married a Greek girl." But, after talking about our situation more we have decided together what is easier isn't always better. We are so in love and every minute I am with him is like Heaven. He told me (after me crying and attempting to end our relationship because of the difficult situation) that if can always work out if you are in love adn you want it to.
I have never worried since. But, I know that may mean that I have to go back to Greece with him and leave my family that I am so close to.
It's a decision you have to make for yourself, don't listen to the rude of ignorant comments form people on this message board who tell you that it can't work out. Just think about what you want, what's best for both of you. Decide if he is the one for you to spend your life with. If he is, then don't worry. Things will fall into place. Good luck, God bless.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]