Re: Greek Sociology

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by yvette on December 09, 2001 at 17:02:23:

In Reply to: Greek Sociology posted by Tiffany Winkelman on December 08, 2001 at 17:08:17:

Hi Tiffany,

My attempt to post didn't seem to work, so I hope this is not a repeat.

Our priest spoke about the Greek position on abortion at church today! He emphasized the importance of love in the Christian's decision. Abortion is a decision that is not made with love for the child, just as reacting to people with Arabic names and Islamic religions by imprisoning them because of the Taliban is not a decision made with love. It is OK to go after the Taliban, but not expand it to people undeserving of personal attacks based on race, religion, etc.

I am new to the Greek church but spirituality is of utmost importance, compared to my prior Protestant existence where everything seemed to be based on logic.

I didn't explain it very well, but you could ask a qualified priest for an explanation by visiting www.goarch.com, looking up a few Greek churches/priests and posing them the question.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]