Re: What Greece is

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Fotios on November 26, 2001 at 16:57:32:

In Reply to: What Greece is posted by Victor Labate on November 22, 2001 at 11:13:06:

Eh, But some of us would like for Greece to take on more of the Ideals of the Byzantine Empire.

Our real Capital is still held hostage by Turks.

: In response to the previous posts, Greece is first of all a beautiful place, with the most amazing beaches in Europe and wonderful landscapes. I don't know of any other place in Europe where you can walk through a small village or sit on white rock at the beach and feel really free. To me it's a place where you can find peace. There is a Greek culture, because people are very united. It's hard to imagine a Greek stealing or attacking another Greek. And I think Ancient Greece still has a huge influence on people's way of thinking. It's true that Greek society has problems, Greek people can be intolerant, sexist, and selfish. But I think that as Greece evolves, Greek people get closer to the ideals of the Ancient Greeks. You can't compare Greece to the United States. Yes America is a more equal society and it's the country of justice. America has always been ten years ahead compare to Europe in technology. But in the US you will never be able to find the peace, simplicity, honesty, modesty that you find in a Greek village. And the incredible history of this country makes the place even more fantastic.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]