Re: --> LEVADITIS <-- Joanna; Thank you.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Mikellie on October 30, 2001 at 21:04:57:

In Reply to: Re: --> LEVADITIS <-- My last name -- Are there others? posted by Joanna on October 30, 2001 at 20:59:02:

: : I've found 5 of us via various the WWW search engines.
: : 3 of which include my brother, his wife and myself.
: : The other two people did not respond to my initial email inquiry, and respectively so.

: : So that's were I am at.

: : I do know that my father was born in Greece (as per his death certificate and my birth certificate) and that he came to New York with my grandparents and an Uncle when he was 12 or so.
: : Myself and my brother are the first generation to be born and raised in the US. It is that reason that I find it so frustrating that there is no mention of Levaditis anywhere I've looked thus far.
: : It's a mystery to me.

: : What do you think?

:
: Mikellie,

: Have you tried the 'American Family Immigration History Center'? The website is:

: http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/

: You'll find at least 5 people listed. Try other combinations aswell, e.g. Livaditis, Levadites. Also, for women the name could be listed as 'Levaditou'. The information you find could lead you into other directions.

: Goodluck.
: Joanna.

---------------
I really appreciate the support.
Immagonnago check it out right now----->
:) Mikellie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]