Re: Inter-cultural relationship dilemma

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on September 23, 2001 at 21:37:30:

In Reply to: Inter-cultural relationship dilemma posted by Susanna on September 20, 2001 at 13:10:29:

Susanna,

(I have not read the other peoples' comments but I'll just give you my opinion.) I believe that your daughter will not lose half her identity (Finnish background) as long as you teach her about it. She could even go to Finnish school for example to learn the language.

I'm Greek Australian and living in Sydney. We have Greek Orthodox church services every Saturday evening in English hosted by a different church every month within the metropolitan area. So you can attend these if you live in Sydney. If not, find out from your local Greek Orthodox priest if there are English church services in your area. If you do live in Sydney let me know and I'll post the details for the services on this board. Our Archdiocese in Sydney has a bookstore and library with both Greek and English books that can explain our denomination and church services etc, etc, etc. This is the website of our Archdiocese. It's in English:

http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~jgrapsas/pages/Welcome.html

Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Joanna.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]