Re: black girl moving to Greece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Eleftheria on September 12, 2001 at 10:56:55:

In Reply to: black girl moving to Greece posted by Justine on August 28, 2001 at 10:31:36:

hahahaha:)
i'm sorry, both of you (natalia, justine), i just thought that was the funniest concern i've ever heard.

i mean - my experience of greeks generally has been that they are VERY cool and accepting of all kinds of people. i'm american, incidentally, and wondered if either of you were british? the reason i ask is because a friend of mine is west indian/british and she's always interested in talking over issues specific to her experiences living in london and being black and british. she's actually done a few sociological studies on the subject, so if you feel like dishing with her, just let me know!

otherwise - about your posts - i just thought the 'i was the only black person on hydra!' observation was just funny. i can relate to the stranger in a strange land thing, but i think really that any fears you have are really unfounded. greece is a beautiful place, i don't think you'll come across problems with racism. maybe that's being optimistic, but i believe it's true.

congratulations on your engagement. best wishes for a happy future!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]