Re: Hoping to get along with my Greek in-laws

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Liza on August 17, 2001 at 10:08:57:

In Reply to: Re: Hoping to get along with my Greek in-laws posted by Themistokles on August 16, 2001 at 22:20:23:

Another good book to read is "Why Angels Fall: A Journey through Orthodox Europe from Byzantium to Kosovo":

"Her chapters invite us into the mental world of Christians who are so unlike the Christians of the West..." Robert Service, author of A History of Twentieth Century Russia

Tell me...why would a non-Greek need to embrace her husband's "Greekness"? Also, the only reason someone should accept Orthodoxy is if they believe in this type of Christianity. One shouldn't embrace it merely because of its "Greekness". Greece already has enough people who proclaim their Orthodoxy while remaining rather lukewarm about their faith in Christianity. This is called religious nationalism...not Christianity. Any non-Greek spouse of one of these types should try to steer their loved one away from this stupid and destructive ideology....not get caught up in it as well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]