Re: greek mother-in-law

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Jeanne on June 12, 2001 at 09:08:00:

In Reply to: greek mother-in-law posted by sophia on June 07, 2001 at 07:18:54:

I have an unusual relationship with my m-inlaw. I'm not greek, or orthodox, heck I don't even do religion. I'm 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Hungarian and grew up doing Irish dancing in Celtic Festivals and Hungarian Harvest dancing and the usual.

BUT, I have a small biz and in college I was a resturant admin major (double major actually). I cook. WOrked with Paul Prudhomme and the like, grew up in New Orleans, LA and Acadia Parish.

So, we talk food and Hristos and children. She doesn't like it that we weren't married in the church, but we are married (reluctantly accepted on their part).

I told her I don't need a m-inlaw. Had one, she was arrested for pushing me down a flight of stairs pregnant with my 12 year old. See, no fond memories there.

So, we are friends. We talk food, she teaches me greek foods, I teach her cajun, creole and other types of dishes.

Now, she calls to talk to me and Hristos gets upset that HIS mother wants to talk to ME! She is very lonely, is too disable to drive (she's 55 and needs back surgery but her heart won't survive the procedure). She needs a FRIEND, not a daughter-inlaw.

Try that? IT's working for us.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]