Re: My grandfather - George Loupis

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by George Loupis on May 02, 2001 at 07:17:40:

In Reply to: Re: My grandfather - George Loupis posted by Joanna on February 17, 2001 at 20:06:43:

: : My Grandfather came to America when he was 18. Unforunately he died when I was 8 years old. I would like to find his ancestors. I do not know if his name was Loupis in Greece and shortened when he came to America. Can anyone help me?
: : Thank you.

: My suggestion is to look up 'name change records' which can be found in State Archives e.g. New York State Archives and see if any person named "Loupis" matched your grandfather's details. And hence you may find out if he did have another or longer original surname. Goodluck!

Hi my name as you can see is George Loupis, I live in Sydney. I was named after my grandfather who was born in Greece on a little island called Simi. At a very young age he and his parents moved to the island of Rhodes in Greece where he got married to may Grandmother Sevasti Loupis.

They had four kids Michael(my father), Emmanuel, Kosta(Con) and Irene.

Just to tell you something freaky about me.

George Loupis(born 1924 and died 1999)1st son of 4 kids

Michael Loupis(born 1948)1st son of 4kids

George Loupis(born 1973)this is me and also 1st son of 4kids

Michael Loupis(born 1997)my son and he is 1 of 2kids

Michael Loupis my son has carried on the Loupis name as I did, my father did and my grandfather did.

The Loupis name is a Greek name that originated from the island of Simi and as far as I know has never been shortened.

Simi has a website if you want to take a look:
http://www.agn.gr/hellas/dodecan/symi.asp

I hope I have helped you in some way, you can email me with some more questions if you like

Regards
George Loupis

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]