Re: ARE YOU ALL REALLY GREEK!!!!!????????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Heleni on April 30, 2001 at 11:59:03:

In Reply to: ARE YOU ALL REALLY GREEK!!!!!???????? posted by Gunter Steiner on April 26, 2001 at 11:09:39:

: I read a book many years ago written by a German Anthropologist who claimed that there was VERY LITTLE CONNECTION IF ANY between the ancient greeks (who enlightened the world with their culture) and the countries modern day inhabitants who he claimed were a mixture of halfbred turks and slavs but mosltly turkish.He also highlighted earlier periods of history with the destruction of cities like Sparta and Athens which were destroyed,its male inhabitants killed and women sold into slavery and the cities reinhabited by Roman citizens from surrounding areas.I dont personally now how true or Factual his study really was as i have never seen or heard of anything similiar in any anthropological journal but modern day greeks look identical to their Turkish-Arabibic Cousins therefore if the proof is in the pudding he must have been right.Does anyone remember this Anthropologists name and if so what are your thoughts on his theory?????

Where are you from??????? How in 2001 could you think of a country without mixture!!!! Not even Japanese people or Germans!!!!!!. If you said that mixture = no identity then OH MY GOD!!! THE WHOLE WORLD IS IN TROUBLE!!! WHO ARE WE?? WHO AM I??? ....... PLEASE MAN!!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]