Re: RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by patrice on April 19, 2001 at 15:25:31:

In Reply to: RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES posted by Mary on April 16, 2001 at 18:06:20:

Hi Mary,
They say I make the best dolmathes! They are mainly for appetizers but this Easter I rolled 168 all by myself.
1 jar grapevine leaves (not krinos)(california ones are good)
hamburger meat mixture: 2.5 to 3 lbs. ground chuck.1 large chopped onion. Juice of 6 lemons. Swirl olive oil around twice. 1/2 can chicken broth. 3/4 cup rice(uncle bens). Sprinkle dill until you can smell the aroma and salt and pepper.

While you are making the meat mixture have the grapevine leaves soaking in warm water.

Roll leaves and place in large pot. Add one can of chicken broth and squeeze and extra lemon or 2 on top. Cover, bring to a boil, then lower and let cook 1 hour. Hint: make the night before, always better.

Time consuming but delicious,
Patrice

Hi everyone,
: I'm putting together a collection of recipes for my Greek community centre and if anyone can share some of their favourite recipes with me, I would greatly appreciate that.

: Feel free to include any background information, tips etc.

: Looking forward to hearing from you.
: I will respond to all emails.

: Thanking you all in advance
: Mary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]