Re: greek orthodox wedding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Susan on April 16, 2001 at 19:20:24:

In Reply to: greek orthodox wedding posted by evelyn on April 16, 2001 at 06:53:27:

Evelyn

Your koumbaro or koumbara do not have to be orthodox. It is only if you want them to christen your children then they have to be orthodox.

Hope this helps

: hello

: My fiance & I are planning our wedding and I'm finding it difficult to decide whether to go ahead with an orthodox wedding or not. Firstly, although my fiance is not of greek heritage he said he'll fully support my wish for us to be married in an orthodox church.

: The dilemma is that whilst I feel a strong connection with my greek heritage, my family does not have strong links with others in the greek community. Hence, I am at a loss as to how to choose a koumbara/koumbaro - especially as I've been told the person must be orthodox. However,I do not beleive in just asking someone for the sake of it, I would prefer to ask someone who I trust/respect and have a strong connection with.

: At the moment I'm even considering just having a civil service and avoiding all the dilemmas of an orthodox service.

: Does anyone have any worldly advice??

: Evelyn
: ***

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]