Re: Where is there a chapel in a cave by the water??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on April 09, 2001 at 22:11:18:

In Reply to: Where is there a chapel in a cave by the water?? posted by Tine on April 09, 2001 at 07:44:42:

: A few years ago I visited the cyclades, and on the island of Paros (or was it Syros?) I visited this tiny chapel inside a cave by the water... We had to get there by canoes actually. I'd love to see this chapel again this summer, but I cannot remember where exactly it was situated..! Can anyone help me?
: Sincerely, Tine
: onresume@hotmail.com

Tine,

Antiparos (a small island across a narrow channel from Paros) and Syros have chapels in caves. See the websites below. However, from the descriptions I would say that the chapel you're after would be St Stephen's on the island of Syros which can be reached by a caique (canoe).

www.vacation.net.gr/p/andiparo.html
"Among the principal attractions of Antiparos is the famous cave of stalactites on Agios Ioannis HILL.

There is a chapel to St John of the Cave (Agios Ioannis Spiliotis) at the mouth of the cavern."

www.vacation.net.gr/p/syros3.html

"The Cave of St. Stephen may be reached by caique."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]