Re: koumbaro/koumbara

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Susan on April 06, 2001 at 19:17:16:

In Reply to: koumbaro/koumbara posted by Bill on April 05, 2001 at 11:45:47:

There is a tradition that the koumbaro will baptize your first born but it is not absolute. I do think though that there is a requirement for the godfather to be orthodox. But to be a koumbaro you don't need to be orthodox.

Also, if he is married then his wife would by default become the koumbara but she doesn't have ot be in the wedding party or anything...

It is totally up to you and your partner.

Yes there are many traditions but I beleive that if you go by every single one of them you will not have any time to organise a wedding.

Just do what you and you partner would like to do and I guess repsect the traditions of your families of you want to.

Congratulations

: I was told that whoever is koumbaro at my wedding must also baptize the first born. Is this the absolute? Or is it tradition? I wish for my brother to be koumbaro.I was also told that if he is married, then his wife must serve as koumbara. Is this true? Any clarification would be helpful.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]