Re: age for marriage

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Kiwi on February 20, 2001 at 02:01:01:

In Reply to: Re: age for marriage posted by Ya-sou on February 19, 2001 at 21:13:03:

: GS, Thanks for the response. I'm just curious from a social demographic/cultural standpoint. Reading all the postings and sneering remarks about adult Greek men living at home got me curious. You gave me a really wide range to work with! :) 18-45. Hmm.

: How about telling me what is the NORMAL age range?

: Thanks!

You get married when you find the right person, and that can be at any age. My son just got married and he is 23 years old. For him it was the right time. Other friends married later with one of them at the ripe age of 40. So there really are no hard and fast rules anywhere in the world. By the way, we are in New Zealand. Many regards, Chris

: : Hm, maybe the same age as for the rest of the world? ie, 18 is early, 45 late...
: : However, I must admit that in the UK, many young people get married very young or having children very young, with the result of having many single mothers (others divorced, others just single) at 21 with two-three children etc. I do not object 100% to this, since it's their choice anyway, I'm just saying that this is not a usual phenomenon in Greece.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]