Dissecting or Quoting...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Tracey on February 07, 2001 at 03:31:04:

In Reply to: Dissection posted by Calliope on February 06, 2001 at 19:39:22:

Good morning, Calliope!

<>

God gracious, nope, me no teacher! Smarty pants maybe, but no teacher!

In most forums I participate in, it is considered Netiquette - Quote what you wish to reply to and give people a chance to know what your are refering to without forcing them to jump between different windows or memorize what they wrote so-and-so-many days ago.
Though I've noticed, Nettiquette standards have changed in the past 10 years and less people do it, especially on public boards, because the use of different windows nowadays is so much easier than it was in the early Internet days. :-))

Most people I communicate with do it in e-mails as well. I, personally, enjoy the conversational back-and-forth it suggests. 'You kick, I kick, you kick...'

>>Can you critique without going sentence to sentence? I'm surprised you don't use editor's marks.<<

:-(( I apologize, if it has annoyed you, Funny though, you mention 'editor's marks', I do work in German publishing industry. :-o Maybe that's why I took to quoting so easily...

A wonderful day to you, my oil-throwing friend!!

Tracey

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]