Re: Greece vs Ellada

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Petros on February 05, 2001 at 09:50:48:

In Reply to: Re: Greece vs Ellada posted by Maria on February 03, 2001 at 19:13:37:

no offence....both of you are wrong....(GS was closer)
the organization i am with did extencive research on the subject and will be publishing the article soon in our magazine and can be views from our web site...i will keep you posted
but the term Greek came from a group of greeks located in the peloponesos region...very near my home town. and they were the lazy vlaxi of the area. they went into rome during the roman occupation...not the turkish. and they, for lack of better terms, kissed the asses of the romans. the romans later adopted the term grek for the group of people...not adopted by the helenes as helenes....they came from the north...daughters of Helene ,....long story....i will keep you all posted...anyone wishing to vies the article send an email to kanenas01@hotmail.com...and i will post the link.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]