Re: Does a Non-Greek Girl Have a Chance?!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on January 24, 2001 at 17:41:24:

In Reply to: Does a Non-Greek Girl Have a Chance?! posted by Xenni on January 23, 2001 at 22:43:44:

: This is an easy one......yeah, right.

: The love of my life is Greek. I am Catholic. Despite my "flexibility" with this issue and our love for each other, it feels as though there is a guilty undertow to our growing relationship.

: I love this man with all my heart and it makes me sad that THAT doesn't mean as much as my being a non-Greek. This is the ONE thing that I can neither help nor change....if I ever attend Church with him, should I wear a bag over my blonde hair and blue eyes?!

: After reading a lot of these posts, I'm not feeling too hopeful.

: Thanks for any words of wisdom!

More than half my cousins are married to non-greeks. Although the parents at the beginning weren't totally thrilled they got very used to the idea. The main thing is that they all married in an Orthodox Church and are raising their kids as Orthodox Christians. Everyone's very happy so far. (Some of them have been married for more than 10 years). One friend is getting married in both a Catholic then Orthodox Church. I hope this makes you feel alittle more positive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]