Re: Going to the Greek Islands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Peter Zekios on June 04, 2000 at 05:04:39:

In Reply to: Re: Going to the Greek Islands posted by Peter Zekios on June 04, 2000 at 03:56:46:

Bride To Be:

First congradulations----Secondly, you picked a great country to honeymoon-------however, as
you know it can get very hot in Greece during the summer months. The two islands you selected
are pretty, but over rated and jammed with tourists during the summer months.

I am an importer of olive oil from various countries in the Med area which Greece is one. Over
the years I have made many trips to Greece and the islands. Now I will give you a few tips but
no advise. First I would check in a hotel called Oasis just south of the airport called Oasis. If I
remember how to spell the name of the suburb--let's try Glyfada. A real nice hotel with a
kitchenette and one block from the sea. Going south from Glyfada for about 30 miles you have
the best beaches in Greece and at the end is the Temple of Cape Sounion. All the summer
nightclubs are in that area. From the Hotel Oasis you can see the best of Athens and other
parts of Greece via bus tours. There is a one day three island tour by ship. Also, there are
three to seven day island tours available which will include Sandorini & Mykonos. Next option
from the hotel which is 10 minutes from the hotel, you can take a one day trip from about 6am
first flight and return last flight 11PM or so. You will have ample time to see the entire island &
the world famous sunset in an area call if I recall Iea---you do this by tour bus. The bus makes
the Island tour & sunset at about 2:30pm----sunset at about 8:30pm and still enough time to
visit a few discos before your departure. This is a great one day trip to this island. Just too
crowded to stay longer---too many wild kids. Now you can do the same for Mykonos if you
have the energy.(I forgot to mention the Island above is Sandorini).

Before I forget there is an island just North of Sandorini calles Ios. Never been there, but it
has the reputation of the most wild island in the world. The young from all over the world go
there to party all day & night.

Another option which is my favorite is the Island of Lesvos---the third largest Greek Island. This
island is not full of tourists which makes it great. If you want great seafood and relaxation this
is the place. The prices are very resonable on this island. This is my favorite island. Another
great Island Is Crete---the St. Nicholas resort area----ist class but costly. These are just a few
ideas---in conclusion stay at the Oasis Hotel ----the manager is Roula Kanta. Mention my name
Peter Zekios from Chicago----then take the 3 island tour in one day ---visit the sites in Athens\
and South to Cape as mentioned above----then a one day tour to Sandorini and the to the
Island of Lesvos. If you e-mail me back I'll give you a lot of info on the Island of Lesvos
formerly known as the Island of Mytilene.

Good Luck,

Peter Zekios---39 years married--Finally start your new life with the best possible Honeymoon.

: : Hi there

: : I am from Australia and I am getting married in July. We are going to Europe for our honeymoon and I can't wait as I have never been before.

: : We are planning to be on the Greek Islands around the end of July and beginning of August. We are going to Mykonos and Santorini. Can anyone suggest whether we should pre book our accommodation or just wait till we get over there?

: : Does anyone have any recommendation on any places to stay at?

: : Thanks
: : Emma

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]