Re: Area of kalavriton Greece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Constantine Alexander on May 12, 2000 at 07:10:28:

In Reply to: Area of kalavriton Greece posted by Peter Poulos on May 02, 2000 at 23:25:45:

Dear Pete:

My Mother's maiden name was Panagopoulos. That part of the family came from the village of Lehouri where my Great Grand Father was the local priest. He had three sons. His first son became a four star general in the Greek Army who worked with Eleftherios Venizelos as his military advisor and later, during the Second World War, drew the plans for the Greek offensive in Albania.
His second son became an administrator in the Greek Railway buraucracy and his third son, my Grand Father, became a lawyer. Not bad for three children who had to walk five hours daily through the mountains without shoes to go to School in Kalavryta. In those days priests were non-paid volunteers and my Great Grand Father worked in his small mountainous farm to make a living and support his family of seven children. I have visisted Lehouri many times as a kid and as a teenager and I have the most wonderful memories from the region and its people. I used to go hunting there when I lived in Greece. If you would like to know more about that area and to find out if we share some of our roots, give me a call or send me an e-mail.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]