I wish you the best

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board 2000 ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Nicole on May 05, 2002 at 13:25:53:

In Reply to: Re: interracial dating??? posted by exclick on March 17, 2002 at 22:40:35:

Tonight is the night my parents for the first time meet my boyfriend and his mother. His father is in FL- we're in NJ. His mother is accepting of me- however, his father doesn't even know yet and my boyfriend, soon to be fiance is risking disownment by him just by being with me. I am a black American (probably 7 generations+, have to do my background work because I do have Native American history), he's a 3rd generation Russian-American, his grandfather is russian, his dad half russian.

I can't tell you what to do, especially since I don't know how old you are- I'm going to graduate college next year, so my parents are more accepting of my choices as an adult- I wouldn't say the same if I was a teenager and still in their home.

All I can say is follow your heart- make sure you've thought things through and be strong. What is meant to be will be, regardless of who says what.

I wish you the best.

Nicole

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board 2000 ] [ Greek Connection ]