Re: Baptism @ Easter?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Joanna on January 19, 2001 at 05:26:33:

In Reply to: Baptism @ Easter? posted by Maree on December 25, 2000 at 23:04:21:

: Salutations!

: I am planning to change demoninations as such from Roman Catholicism to Orthodoxy. I know in the RC tradition infants & adults are baptised @ Easter - especially adults who wish to convert etc.

: I am particularly interested to find out whether Greek Orthodox also baptise easter day - as the 15 of April 2001 is symbolic for a number of reasons, one, both "easters" fall on the same day which also happens to be my birthday.

: Please advise!

As far as I know baptism can be carried out on any day during the year as nothing should be allowed to stand in the way of this very important first Sacrament. I haven't come across any information in regards to Easter day as being a special day for baptism (for Orthodoxy). I think RC and Orthodoxy may differ on this. But I don't see why you should not be allowed to be christened on Easter day if you wish. It's best to ask an Orthodox priest about this. And welcome to our Church!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]