Re: I am going to meet his parents for the first time

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by nick on January 04, 2001 at 12:19:40:

In Reply to: I am going to meet his parents for the first time posted by Celene on October 11, 2000 at 05:02:18:

This will give you the opportunity to see how strong your friend's parents are in influencing him. If they seem to accept you as you are, then things look good. This means that they respect their son's decision. However, if they (not their son) are setting the requirements, then he may have a difficlt time putting you first later on.
Many (not all) greek parents still like to feel in control after their kids are on their own.

Not sure how serious this relationship is, but if marriage is in future, then your friend needs to show you, and his folks, that you come first. I assume he is over 21 and on his own, not living at home with folks.

Until you see anything to the contrary, just be yourself, since this is what you will be later on anyway. This may work out OK. The concern is that if it does, it would be the exception, but it does happen.

Nick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]