Re: Greek Baby Girl Name???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]

Posted by Athena Rushton on January 01, 2001 at 10:00:45:

In Reply to: Re: Greek Baby Girl Name??? posted by cleo on August 03, 2000 at 06:30:35:

I was also named after a greek goddess,
athena: goddess of wisdom. Athena was called "the goddess of wisdom" because her birth was quite miraculouse. Athena was said to have sprang from the head of zuis. she was one of the three goddesses to have met with Paris the god of love, in the grove and had made an offering of knowledge to him, but was turned down, for Hera whom i believe was the goddess of beauty, had offered him the most beautiful bride in the mortal kingdom. Athena constructed the idea of building the trojan hoarse, which led to the conquering of troy. she was the most well known greek goddess of the early times, and is well known these days also. I have never met anyone with the same name as me, so you probably wouldnt have any mix-ups or anything with neighboring or school children. :) im only 16, so sorry for my incorrect spelling through out this whole thing.
well, i hope you enjoyed this little information! sincerely~ Athena Nice Rushton

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:

E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:

Link Title:

Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Greek Connection Message Board ] [ Greek Connection ]